|30 Year Fixed Rate||3.88%||3.38%|
|15 Year Fixed Rate||4.06%||3.61%|
|5/1 Adjustable Rate||2.75%||3.37%|
|* These rates are averages, and might not apply to you.|
We focus our site on home loan refinancing, but if you're looking for a new mortgage loan, we can help you too.
There is a close link between your credit scores and the refinance mortgage rates you'll be able to secure. We have an extensive guide on fixing up your scores and so much more on our credit scores page!
Don't let your credit score hold you back, you have more options than you know!
Why Refinance your Mortgage Today?
Indeed, many people are considering the refinance of their mortgages. Although it may not be a market that is conducive to mortgaging, as right now mortgage lending money is tight, it is still nonetheless, beneficial for the home owner. For the same reason that money is tight, home owners are looking to refinance mortgages in order to change directions since they most likely have less cash to do what they need. They might need to send their children to college; they might need to pay off costlier debt; they might need to complete repairs to their home; or they may need money for medical reasons. No matter what the reason, anyone who is eligible to refinance a home loan is in an enviable position because they do qualify for a loan of some kind. Having collateral such as a home is always better, since it is easier to obtain a loan, than having nothing, and hoping one's credit history and debt-to-income ratio is sufficient to qualify.
Moreover, the most obvious reason why you would refinance your mortgage today is simply that its term has come due. Financial institutes and other money lenders have active mortgages on a rolling basis. Each person needs to refinance a mortgage at different times and thus, she might not have any other choice but to refinance on a specific date which is now.
While you weigh your options regarding the refinance of your home mortgage, it is important to ensure you have everything in order. Most importantly, are your property taxes up to date; are your income taxes filed and up to date; is the mortgage interest rate attractive; is your home insurance in good standing with all payments current; and are you fully able to manage the payments? Remember that even though you presently have a mortgage, it does not mean another lender will think that you can carry the load. They may deny your refinance of the mortgage strictly on the basis of you being outside of their requirements. Qualification for mortgage refinance varies from lender to lender, and their motives are often hard to fully grasp by the consumer.
Lastly, when asking "why refinance your mortgage today?", some might answer that they had seen promotions from other lenders that are tempting. Invariably, other lenders may offer more lucrative home mortgage refinance rates, some offer gifts or bonuses to transfer and refinance mortgages, while others have less stringent criteria, which is very appealing to some individuals. The truth is that despite the fact that we indicated at the beginning of this article that the economy is somewhat tighter, there is still major competition for mortgage business. Those who lend money need a return on investment, and the only to achieve that goal is to actually invest by lending money. It only stands to reason that lenders want you to refinance a home mortgage.
- Why Refinance your Mortgage Today?
- Benefits of Refinancing a Home Loan
- Qualify for Mortgage Refinance
- Are you eligible for Mortgage Refinancing?
- Should you Refinance your Mortgage?
- When to Refinance a Mortgage
- When not to Refinance a Mortgage
- Biggest Mortgage Refinance Mistakes
- Home Affordable Refinance Program
- Refinancing to fund Home Improvements
- Mortgage Refinance and Title Insurance
- Steps of Mortgage Refinancing
- FHA Streamline Refinance Loans
- How to Lower your Mortgage Payment
- Refinancing Mortgage in Another Name
- Refinancing a FHA Mortgage Loan
- Jumbo Mortgage Refinancing
- Refinancing Mortgages with a Low Credit Score
- Energy Efficient Mortgage Loan Refinancing
- Mortgage Refinancing: The Break-Even Period
- "No-Cost" Mortgage Refinancing: What is it?
- What will refinancing cost you?
Refinance Mortgage Rates
- Refinance Mortgage Rates: What should be your goal?
- Refinance Mortgage Rates and your Credit Score
- Best Refinance Mortgage Rates
- Mortgage Rates vs. Refinance Rates
- Cash-out Mortgage Refinancing: The Basics
- Cash-Out Refinancing: How does it work?
- Should you use Cash-Out Refinancing?
- Cash-Out Refinancing: When does it make sense?
- Cash-Out Refinancing: A good way to get out of debt?
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Real Estate Agents in the UK & the USA
- Loan Regulations Information